The Senior Account Manager is a senior sales role with a focus on four core areas:
1. Reactive Enquiry Conversion; Qualifying enquiries, extracting briefs, creating bespoke proposals, curating site visits, negotiating contracts and closing the business.
2. Key Account Management; Building beneficial relationships with qualified key corporate, agency prospects, existing clients and the key influencers and decision-makers within them. Create bespoke account contact plans to build awareness, consideration and conversion. Educate the key account on Tobacco Dock’s uniqueness, suitability for a wide variety of events (not just how they have utilised the venue for previous bookings).
3. Proactive Sales Pipeline Development; Identify opportunities through research with lost bookings, competitors and via industry press and social media. Make contact with influencers and decision makers in target organisations and grow relationships to ensure Tobacco Dock is on the consideration list for all suitable events.
4. Department Support; Lead and support on departmental projects as briefed by the Leadership Team. Provide support, guidance and your experience to Account Managers.
Key responsibilities include:
• Responding to a high volume of enquiries in an efficient and timely manner
• Advising clients on best flow and use of spaces for their event brief whilst optimising venue occupancy/yield
• Creating bespoke and packaged service proposals and quotations
• Scheduling and leading site visits for all levels from PAs to C-suite executives
• Entering enquiries accurately on to the venue’s CRM and booking system (Salesforce)
• Negotiating contract terms with clients with support from the Head of Sales & Commercial Director as required
• Preparation and issuing of venue hire and event package contracts
• Briefing/handing over to the Event Delivery Team once event contracted
• Account management and relationship building to grow accounts organically
• Liaising with and recommending approved suppliers and assisting with defining clients’ requirements as necessary
• Assisting with and participating in hospitality, trade shows and industry events and maximising return on investment
• Developing an excellent knowledge of local market and key verticals and implementing a prospecting plan to generate new business
• Proactively building relationships with clients to maximise revenue generation, gross profit and repeat business
• Actively seek business development opportunities to bolster pipelines utilising lost booking research, competitor venue analysis, industry press and optimising existing relationships
• Providing junior team members with advice, mentorship and support
• Supporting Head of Sales & Commercial Director with department projects, planning and processes
Key Skills & Experience
• The successful candidate is likely to have at least 4-6 years’ experience in event venue sales or relevant event industry sales experience
• A demonstrable experience of achieving sales targets in excess of £1M pa
• Ambitious, confident and looking for the next career move
• Excellent interpersonal skills both face-to-face and over the phone
• Strong influencing and negotiating skills
• Commercially aware and customer-focused
• Ability to work under pressure
• Ability to earn respect of both clients and colleagues
• Proficient Microsoft Office skills
• Experience of Salesforce beneficial
This is an office based role with the option of one day per week from home subject to business needs.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.Download job details