- Responding to a high volume of enquiries in an efficient and timely manner.
- Advising clients on best spaces and layouts for their event as well as optimising venue occupancy/yield.
- Creating bespoke and packaged service proposals and quotations.
- Scheduling and conducting site visits for all levels from PAs to C-suite executives.
- Entering enquiries accurately on to the venue’s CRM and booking system (Salesforce).
- Negotiating contract terms with clients with assistance from Senior Management as required.
- Preparation and issuing of venue hire and event package contracts.
- Briefing/handing over to the Event Delivery Team once event contracted.
- Account management and relationship building to grow accounts organically.
- Liaising with and recommending approved suppliers and assisting with defining clients’ requirements as necessary.
- Assisting with and participate in hospitality, trade shows and industry events and maximise return on investment.
- Developing an excellent knowledge of local market and key verticals and implementing a prospecting plan to generate new business.
- Proactively building relationships with clients to maximise revenue generation, gross profit and repeat business.
- Providing junior team members with advice, mentorship and guidance.
- Supporting Senior Managers with department projects, planning and processes.
Key Skills & Experience:
- The successful candidate is likely to have a minimum of six years’ experience of event venue sales or relevant event industry sales experience.
- A demonstrable experience of achieving sales targets in excess of £1M pa.
- Ambitious, confident and looking for the next career move.
- Excellent interpersonal skills both face-to-face and over the phone.
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills.
- Commercially aware and customer-focused.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to earn respect of both clients and colleagues.
- Proficient Microsoft Office skills.
- Experience of Salesforce beneficial.
All applicants must have full UK working rights.