- Acting as a brand ambassador for Tobacco Dock whilst engaging with a variety of stakeholders including the venue team, clients, partners, contractors, event guests and tenants.
- Actively participating in a pre-event briefing facilitated by the relevant TDVL Event Operations Manager, this includes the reviewing of production & loading bay schedules, floor plans, ESMPs etc.
- Completing a comprehensive sign in and sign out of the tenanted spaces at the start and end of the client’s tenancy.
- Acting as the first and main point of contact for client’s during their tenancy.
- Ensuring the completion of (or facilitating where required) the client’s Security & H&S briefings and giving input where necessary.
- Supporting the client in liaising with TDVL’s service partners (AV, Catering, Security & Cleaning) to ensure successful delivery of the event.
- Ensuring that clients and suppliers are abiding by TDVL’s operational and logistical policies to ensure the successful and safe running of their event (in conjunction with the on-site Health & Safety advisor).
- Protecting the fabric of the venue, in line with the Grade I listing, by ensuring that the venue is suitably protected with floor coverings, approved fixing methods etc.
- Overseeing the correct usage and positioning of Fire Marshals as required.
- Guaranteeing adherence to all premises licence (and subsequent event specific licence) conditions.
- Ensuring that the appropriate suppliers are correctly managing the venue externally; including the monitoring of traffic management, litter, ingress and egress.
- Liaising with the core Event Operations & Sales teams to ensure the best possible customer service standards are met.
- Communicating with site control and venue management teams as required throughout the tenancy to ensure alignment and understating between all parties.
- Dealing with any issues that may arise with suppliers and making recommendations for improvement.
- If necessary, implementing the critical incident management policy with the support of the Event Operations Team.
- Conducting comprehensive handover meetings with other Duty Operations Manager’s prior to the end of your shift.
- Completing detailed live event reporting notes for the Event Operations Manager review and action daily.
- Notifying the Venue Operations (Facilities) team of any maintenance/building issues/or concerns via TDVL’s project management software (Salesforce).
- Attending, as required by TDVL, relevant training and briefing sessions.
Key Skills & Experience
- Our successful candidate is likely to have at least five years’ experience of event operations, security, floor management and logistics ideally for dry hire venues and/or large-scale event organisers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and experience dealing with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle numerous concurrent responsibilities.
- A competent knowledge of Health & Safety policy and experience in practical application (IOSH Managing Safety/NEBOSH would be advantageous).
- Natural ability for problem solving and contingency planning.
- A client-focused approach.
- Proficient Microsoft Office skills.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief covering letter and a copy of your CV.
All applicants must have full UK working rights.